Back-end Serverless developer – Role & Remit
We’re looking for a serverless developer who will be comfortable with developing primarily in C#. You will be reporting directly to the CTO, supporting them in the development of the client's innovative serverless Zero platform. The team will be following an Agile methodology, currently set to weekly sprints.
You will be expected to contribute to all aspects of the software development life cycle, and will be taught how to do anything you are not yet familiar with. That may include developing new features, fixing bugs, implementing unit and integration testing and building CI/CD pipelines. The languages in use are C# on Linux Azure Functions for backend development and Typescript with React for frontend development. We use a range of managed services for the rest of the stack, including CosmosDB, SignalR Service and Event Grid.
- 1-3 years experience with C#
- Willing to learn about Serverless and use it in day-to-day work
- Experience operating in an Agile way
- Knowledge of Object Oriented principles like SOLID.
- Experience with automated testing, TDD etc.
- Keen to help combat the climate crisis by getting more zero emission vehicles on the road
You might also have:
These are genuinely optional skillsets. We will teach you the skills required for this if you do not have them already.
- Have experience with a Serverless Function-as-a-Service technology, like Azure Functions, AWS Lambda or Google Cloud Functions
- Experience with frontend development, particularly Typescript with React
- Have NoSQL database experience, particularly Azure CosmosDB
- Previous industry experience of help:
Utilities / Energy-tech, Finance / Fintech, Cleantech, Insure-tech, Mobility
· Full time
· Flexible working pattern; home working available. Office based (City of London / West End) min. 2 days per week but potential to become fully remote with business travel.