My Client in the iGaming industry is looking for a Java Developer with some knowledge in blockchain to help establishing it within the team.
You will work on all aspects of the software development projects supporting existing applications and creating new and innovative software applications based on blockchain technology.
You will work closely with Application Architects to solve the problems and challenges associated with high transactional, high availability services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Backend development pertaining to the blockchain
- Being involved in the research, design, development, testing and documenting blockchain technologies
- Developing smart contracts
- Developing interactive front-end designs for Decentralized applications (Dapps)
- Supervision of the entire stack that runs the Dapps
- Brainstorm and evaluate applications for new tools and technologies
- Maintain and extend client-side and server-side applications that are responsible for business logic and integration.
- Participate in code reviews and business/technical discussions
- Assist with the triaging of defects and bringing them to resolution
- Assist the Agile team with the estimating, planning and prioritizing of work with the Product Owner
- Be an active participant in all Agile processes
- On-call expectation
Required Education & Skills
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience with demonstrated progressive responsibilities
- 3-5 years’ experience in Java / J2EE web application development (JSP, Servlets, EJB, etc.)
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience working with open-source projects
- Strong working knowledge of SQL
- Experience building and deploying containerized applications under Docker/Ansible/Kubernetes an asset