The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for the execution of the strategy on all levels within the Retail Business Unit and its daily operations. He/She will also be the one to ensure that the business is well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures and coaching its people.
The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various company processes. The ideal candidate must be competent and able to plan many different kinds of operational activities. He/She must be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to run the business. The goal is to safeguard and augment the efficiency of the company’s operations to facilitate accelerating development and long-term success.
- Develop and lead strategic planning efforts;
- Cascade the BUs' strategy and goals to all staff;
- Manage and track the performance of the entire BU;
- Implement appropriate rewards/recognition system that are aligned with the company’s goals;
- Implement best practices and ensure effective strategy execution;
- Operational planning and resource management;
- Determine and improve company-wide processes;
- Ensure that business operations are efficient and effective;
- Coordinating with teams at a strategic and operational levels;
- Deliver key projects of the BU.
- Proven experience as Head of Operations or equivalent position
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. finance, customer service etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Familiarity with MS Office and various business software (e.g. CRM - Sales Force)
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus