A FCA regulated internationally diversified EMI FinTech focused on money transfer, cards, FX, remittance and rewards is further extending its business range into central Europe.
To enable them to do so successfully, they seek a positive, experienced and dedicated COO, with extensive Operational and Technology experience to support and run operations in Germany. You will be responsible for building and managing a team, and growing the business - identifying and developing new business opportunities, and negotiating agreements with key external stakeholders and business partners.
- Define and develop key principles of proper management that ensure the necessary care in the management of the company and, in particular, define a separation of duties in the organization and measures to prevent conflicts of interest, and ensure the implementation of these principles.
- Monitor and regularly evaluate the effectiveness of the principles set out and implemented and take reasonable steps to remedy deficiencies.
- Develop and own business strategies and risks for Germany, in particular counterparty risks, market risks and operational risks.
- Manage the accuracy of fiscal reporting, including the necessary controls and compliance with the legal provisions and the relevant standards.
- Work with the global compliance function to build the German compliance programme and to ensure it adheres to all necessary regulations.
- Guide a regulated financial services business in preparing and completing regulatory examinations and audits.
- Drive relationships with all external stakeholders, including regulators.
- Oversee the disclosure and communication processes.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years of proven success in a similar role.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or Risk Management will be an added advantage.
- Ability to oversee and/or partner with all functional areas of business – strategy, operations, sales, marketing, product, finance, etc.
- Deep knowledge of financial products and regulatory compliance, including AML, capital markets and crypto regimes.
- Experience overseeing a licensed financial services business in a relevant industry – FinTech, Exchange, Financial Services – within Germany.
- Experience working with boards of directors and optimizing governance processes.
- Previous experience owning relationships with financial regulators on behalf of a regulated entity, particularly the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority of Germany.
- Strong command of financial statements and fiduciary duties.
- Fluency in English and German is mandatory.
Interested? For further information please contact Jasmin Morland
firstname.lastname@example.org - 07443882180