Chief Operating Officer
Location: Riga, Latvia
About the opportunity
A top trending e-money neobanking institution is looking for a Chief Operation Officer.
Our client is an e-money neobanking institution that was established with a goal to deliver banking services to the customer base of retail institutions on a white label basis. Money transfer, card purchases, currency conversion, rewards programs are some of the focus areas for our clients and for their future Chief Operation Officer.
The Chief Operation Officer will be reporting directly to the ExCo while keeping a constant interaction with BoD. The company covers both UK and EU with offices in London, Dublin, and Riga.
Our ideal candidate has extensive experience within the industry, perhaps having worked your way up through the ranks to your role as an executive. We believe this trajectory helps develop a unique mix of business and management expertise. We have our eye out for a COO with strong leadership skills and the ability to approach business from a creative point of view.
The job will be based in the office in Riga, Latvia.
You will be challenged to
- Taking care of all operational aspects, this is a full-time executive-level role, requiring management of a range of departments and agreeing on vision and change across multiple stakeholders.
- The role is CEO’s succession and business continuity cover planning. Management, reporting, and control of ongoing business servicing.
- Staffing and team management – orchestrating very limited resources to create the best return on investments for shareholders and excellent customer experience, team personal development, managing skills levels and interoperability, motivation, and servicing quality assurance.
- Creating a culture of service excellence.
- Creating a productive and energetic environment within the business.
- Delivering the organization’s strategy/mission/servicing ethos to the staff, implementing rewards/recognition system to align the team and individual efforts to the company goals.
- Reviewing, mapping, and optimizing all procedures, policies, processes
- Regular executive, and board updates, preparing board level and executive committee materials.
- Assisting other c-level team members with business development initiatives from an operations perspective, participating in projects, optimizing infrastructure.
- Supporting ad-hoc executive requests, planning and prioritizing customer, employee, and change requirements.
- Creating a system of deep market knowledge – tracking operational context changes and ensuring company compliance with current and future changes.
- Agreeing on any change across key stakeholders, ensuring clarity of goals and KPIs.
What you bring to the table
- 5+ years in COO role in the financial industry or financial services and/or fintech, with a deep understanding of customer servicing, treasury, risk, fraud, safeguarding, dealing, transactions, and cards context.
- 7+ years of team leadership, including multicultural and remote teams
- Technical/infrastructure understanding, able to map, design, and optimize processes and procedures.
- Excellent goal setting, performance measurement, and reporting skills.
- Good knowledge of the specifics of the regulatory framework for EMI enterprises in the context of treasury operations, safeguarding, and customer service.
- Start-up experience is a plus.
- Risk management and HR management experience is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of English.
If you think you are a good match do not hesitate to apply at email@example.com !