The Compliance Officer will have proven experience and knowledge in UK Compliance regulation relevant to payment services (PSD2, GDPR, etc.) and the online payments industry.
You will be assisting the Head of Compliance to establish a Compliance function for the newly incorporated UK based European business division of a payment specialist established in the US for 20-years. You will also be responsible for ensuring that an appropriate Compliance culture is adopted within the UK entity.
The company is a Payment Institution and is in a period of growth and transformation that will see it establish itself as a leading, dynamic FinTech company.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day compliance monitoring. Conduct periodic compliance reviews and provide reports to the Head of Compliance
- Ensure that policies, procedures and standards of conduct are communicated, understood and appropriately implemented within the office; deliver training as required
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with UK employees, together with global compliance colleagues, and provide appropriate advice on compliance matters; refer issues to Head of Compliance as appropriate.
- Monitor changes to UK legislation and rules affecting the firm's business and advise management and staff of the implications of these changes
- Recommend improvements where appropriate and ensure that compliance manual and policies and procedures are kept up to date in light of developing legislation
- Conduct review and approve KYC files for accuracy and completeness of KYC documentation