Credit Risk Analyst
The Credit Risk Analyst will be a member of the Risk & Underwriting Team reporting directly to the Risk and Underwriting Manager and provide support to the company globally. They will work closely with team members and the Manager on a wide range of day-to-day issues including but not limited to;
- Review of new merchant applications with the objective of identifying the financial risks the company may be exposed to.
- Working closely with the underwriting officers to get an overall view of a merchant application.
- Ongoing reviews of merchant accounts to ensure processing is still in line with expectations ensuring the company are properly secured by sufficient collateral.
- Assess merchant’s financial position through proper financial statement analysis.
- Setting merchant collateral to mitigate financial risk.
- Regular liaison with various departments to understand and explain the risk exposed by new and existing merchants.
- Preparation of regular reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain and adjust Credit Risk Assessment in line with the Credit Risk and Risk Appetite Policy of the company.
- Developing new monitoring structures to identify negative trends in both merchant’s and portfolio’s performance.
- Preparation of visual monthly reports to facilitate the explanation of Risk findings.
- Take necessary measures to minimize the credit risk exposure of the company as guided by senior management.
- Keep abreast with the latest updates in the various card scheme rules and regulations
- Maintaining ongoing relationships with the various stakeholders and keeping them up-to-date with any updates within the Risk framework of the company.
- Liaise with other departments in view of making existing processes more efficient whilst constantly looking out for new and improved ways to streamline processes and workloads.
- Be Degree qualified in Banking & Finance, Statistics, Economics or related discipline.
- Have experience within the payment industry, acquiring experience is beneficial but not necessary, and within Credit Risk.
- Have advanced Excel Knowledge.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business financial statements
- Be excellent at communicating – Both verbal & in writing.
- Fluent in English.
- Be able to work under minimum supervision.
- Naturally have a flair for the intuitive and investigative nature of the role.