Our client aims to be at the cutting edge of modern innovation, a sophisticated and scalable technology system is needed to guarantee business continuity and development.
In this role the successful candidate will assume responsibility for all aspects of Information Technology in the company as well as facilitate collaboration between the tech teams and wider business. You will focus on developing and implementing the tech strategy, information security policy, business continuity plan, design and build a robust and scalable infrastructure. You will take responsibility for the company’s IT governance, instill best practices and standards, such as Cobit and ITILs, overseeing cloud technology, infrastructure as a code and innovative development models.
- Taking responsibility for all company’s IT resources and implementing best process management standards, reviewing, mapping and optimising all procedures, policies, processes.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative business relationships between technology and business departments.
- Designing and implementing the wider technology strategy and standards, including Business Continuity Plan, leading by example and showcasing deep expertise.
- Leading the development of customer service platforms (iOS, Android) as well as backend system platforms.
- Staffing and team management.
- Creating a culture of service excellence.
- Creating a productive and energetic environment within the department.
- Negotiating with vendors and monitoring outsourcing contracts.
- Information risk management.
- Organising operational and support IT processes.
- A self-motivated, proactive and driven individual with at least 5 years of CTO / deputy CTO experience with banks, payments systems or financial institutions.
- Extensive expertise in card processing.
- IT project management experience.
- Ability to inspire people and lead diverse and geographically spread teams.
- Strong software development process knowledge and practical skills.
- Experience in creating and maintaining companies' technological infrastructure as well creating and designing high load IT systems architecture.
- An in-depth understanding of modern software engineering/testing practices, tools and techniques.
- Familiar with best practices in relation to client-server product architectures, focusing predominantly on cloud-based server development.
- Programming or scripting experience with popular modern languages.
- Database and data storage programming and optimisation design experience.
- Passionate about simplification and automation, continually looking to improve existing processes and procedures to deliver efficiencies within the work environment.
- Knowledge of the AWS platform is a plus.
- Experience in performing security vulnerability assessments, good familiarity with regulations like PCI and GDPR is an advantage.
Familiarity with financial regulations of the UK and EU is a definite plus.