Our client, a multinational software vendor is seeking a talented Data Engineer to join their team on a fully remote basis as a permanent employee. We will require somebody comfortable working with stakeholders between GMT & GMT+4 in terms of time zones. As such ideally, we are looking for applicants in Europe.
- Creating and deploying infrastructure in the form of data marts to handle multiple streams of structured and unstructured data.
- Delivering further automation in our key processes, starting from data extraction/entry all the way through consumption.
- Developing configuration management and automation tools.
- Designing data quality and integrity monitoring capabilities to ensure data is fit for consumption.
- Building a world-class data analytics platform.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience working across the entire Back End up to the APIs, from the OS all the way up to the application layer.
- Expert with either Python or R
- An interest in building scalable distributed systems.
- Strong communication, presentation and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Comfortable with automated testing, code refactoring and software engineering best practices.
- Experience working with data at terabyte scale.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Experience of a leading cloud platform (ideally GCP, AWS or Azure).