An opportunity has arisen in a licensed Financial Institution with full Visa & MasterCard membership. They offer a range of payment services across multiple channels.
As part of the growth strategy, we are looking for a Data Protection Officer to work within the team in Malta. If you have relevant experience and are looking for career advancement this is your opportunity.
You will be reporting to the Chief of Legal & Compliance based n Malta.
- Informing and advising the company and its employees of their compliance obligations under the GDPR, and any related guidelines.
- Acting as the Data Protection Officer for the company
- Monitoring compliance with appliable data protection regulations and company policies.
- Conducting data protection impact assessments when required
- Acting as the contact point internally and externally with data subjects and the relevant regulatory authorities.
- Providing expert guidance, oversight, and challenge on all aspects of data protection compliance focusing efforts on areas that present higher risks.
- Lead the design, development, and renewal of data protection standards
- Overall responsibility for implementation of the risk framework, processes, and training to ensure the control environment pertaining to data protection is suitably robust and fit for purpose.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in data protection and privacy compliance.
- Preparing reports for the Head of Legal and Compliance and external regulatory bodies as appropriate.
- Collaborating with various departments to monitor the enforcement of standards and regulations.
Skills and Experience:
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of data protection and privacy and a working knowledge of the applicable laws.
- IT compliance experience is highly desirable.
- A data protection qualification.
- Experience in communicating with local regulators would be considered an asset.
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Post-Secondary Diploma - A Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Banking, Commerce, Law or any other similar qualification, from a licensed and recognised Educational institute.
- Data protection compliance certification
- High sense of integrity and respect towards fellow colleagues and customers;
- Able to work with minimum supervision at times and deliver within strict deadlines;
- Motivated, reliable and self-driven individual;
- Passion and positive attitude towards work;
- Organised, efficient, looking to progress and succeed within a results-driven team.