Our client is a global fintech start-up with an objective to create a globally safe way to use money.
A totally distributed team, meaning this vacancy is 100% remote. Their team has talent from more than 40 countries from all over the globe.
They are seeking a Senior Data Science Engineer.
You will be responsible for ...
- 6+ years’ experience working with Data, Data Engineering, Data Science or similar.
- Translate complex business needs into scalable solutions.
- Design and create data structures on MPP platforms like Google BigQuery, AWS RedShift, Druid.io.
- Design and create easily scalable data pipelines using AWS tools - Glue (Spark based), Data Pipeline, Lambda etc...
- Team collaboration on building dashboards with tools like Apache Superset, Google Data Studio, Tableau and data analysis.
- Working with multiple distributed teams to offer solutions that have a large impact on the business.
Position's requirements ...
- Thorough understanding of data structures and their algorithms.
- Experience in creation, design and building dimensional data models to better accessibility, efficiency, and the overall quality of our data.
- Experience in ETL data pipelines and their designing and development.
- Competence and capability in writing Advanced SQLs,
- Skilled in performance tuning of SQLs.
- Experience in building high-quality software with Python or Scala being the the preferred languages.
- Strong analysis and communication capabilities.
Bonus skill set would include ...
- Work/project experience with big data and advanced programming languages.
- Experience using Java, Spark, Hive, Oozie, Kafka, NiFi and Map Reduce.
- Work experience with AWS tools to process data (DMS, Glue, Pipeline, Kinesis, Lambda, etc).
- Work experience with Google Cloud tools to store and visualize data (BigQuery, Data Studio).
- Experience with or advanced courses on data science and machine learning.
Additional and important requirements ...
- A comfortable and accessible workspace.
- A reliable and strong internet connection with the quickest speed possible in your area and vicinity.
- Reliable devices and other essential equipment that meet technical specifications to allow you to complete your work.