Our client, a multinational software vendor is seeking an experienced Data Scientist to join their team on a remote basis as a permanent employee. We will require somebody comfortable working with stakeholders between GMT & GMT+4 in terms of time zones. As such, we are ideally looking for applicants in Europe.
Data Science analysis tasks with Jupyter/Pandas including evaluating extracted data, validating against expected values, aggregating and preparing it for presentation in response to end-user queries.
Maintaining and updating rule-based algorithms that map between sets of entities.
Required skills and experience:
- Excellent programming skills in either R or Python.
- Significant SQL querying experience, ideally in T-SQL (Knowledge of aggregates such PERCENTILE, temporary tables, CTEs, linked servers, JSON and XML queries, CROSS/OUTER APPLY etc.).
- Ability to code in Java and associated libraries is preferred.
- Strong experience of statistics and Machine Learning.
- Experience with Jupyter or RStudio (experience of data gathering/preparation within Jupyter or R, such consuming web APIs, database calls, scraping).
- Plotting of charts (with libraries such as plotly and ggplot) would be advantageous.
- Experience of scraping frameworks such as Scrapy or BeautifulSoup is preferred.
- A University Degree in a relevant field. Masters is heavily preferred.
- Strong English language skills are a must.
For further information and a confidential discussion please contact Grant Tarbet at email@example.com