Finance Manager – Payments/ Fintech
About this opportunity
- The Finance Manager will have extensive, proven experience and knowledge in transaction processing, management of payments, and the online payments industry. You will also be responsible for ensuring a culture of compliant financial accounting within the UK entity. The company will be a Payment Institution and is in a period of growth and transformation that will see it establish itself as a leading, dynamic FinTech company.
- Possessing a background in Financial Services, in particular Payment Services, you’ll be establishing a Finance Management and Accounting function for the newly incorporated UK based European business division of a payment specialist that has been established elsewhere globally for 20-years.
- Definitely a hands-on role, you will adopt a consultative approach and work closely with the senior management, across global business divisions to implement and manage the high volume of transactions and work with the business to report on finances at monthly, quarterly and yearly milestones.
- Ensuring that the firm has the right structure, people and strategy.
- Member of several internal Committees.
- Deliver clean numbers with insightful narrative.
- Managing the accounting, tax (indirect and direct takes)
- Financial reporting to regulators and the Board
- Build a strategic partnership with the commercial business.
- Maintain a liquidity profile to support operational ambition.
- Ensure that all the company's financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation.
- Highlight risks and opportunities to the UK risk committee. Interface with Group Finance team.
- Production of board and other reports.
- Budgeting and forecasting/cashflow management and forecasting.
- Managing audits.
- Maintenance and improvement of systems and controls.
- Working with the global senior management team to ensure that the UK entity contributes positively to the Group’s financial vision, mission and long-term goals.
You will work alongside the brightest industry experts and directly impact the firm’s continued disruption of the payments space.
Your qualifications, skills & experience
- Proven experience as a Finance Manager or Financial Controller, ideally in an international fintech / high growth business.
- Qualified Accountant with 5+ years PQE. Bachelors in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Previously approved with the FCA would be considered an asset.
- Ability to lead and thrive within a fast paced, ever changing, hands on SME environment that is founder led.
- A positive, inspirational leadership style and commitment to driving a high-performance culture.
- A curious mind and excellent problem-solving skills.
- High energy, strong work ethic, with a self-motivated, "can do” attitude.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload and manage multiple responsibilities effectively without losing attention to detail.
Interested? Next steps…
Exciting opportunity to join a firm experience rapid growth. If you possess the relevant skills and experience then please apply today and we will be in contact to arrange a confidential discussion.