A specialist and boutique FinTech consultancy firm is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Data Scientist to join their driven and diverse offices in London.
Established in 2017, they provide fintech companies, online businesses and payment solution providers with a comprehensive array of professional services.
As a Data Scientist you will be responsible for providing deep insights and analysis into the performance of our client’s digital brands and products they produce. You will combine your domain knowledge, experience of quantitative and statistical methods as well as expertise in Data warehousing and Data engineering to ensure that our stakeholders become ‘data driven’ and that Sr. business leaders are able to consume the reports and insights needed to align to growth strategies for key performance indicators.
You will be part of a team responsible for driving insight into the commercial performance, generating the data to drive decision-making and to shape business/product/marketing/CRM strategy. You will help to identify and solve specific ad-hoc business problems through deep data analysis and presentation of findings to relevant stakeholders.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Structure, analyse and report on business performance from data extraction, to statistical analysis to visualization to POC product implementation
- Build complex data models to test business outcomes and present actionable findings to the business
- Perform deep statistical analysis to validate report findings and test hypothesis from business stakeholders
- Develop and implement best practice methodologies for the quantitative analysis & visualization of business data
- Use a combination of web metrics, customer data, financial reporting and third-party research data to generate insights on business performance
- Along with BI Sr. Managers, proactively structure analyses from hypothesis development to modelling to support business decisions
- Work with counterparts in Business Intelligence to identify under-penetrated market segments and analyze ROI of key product initiatives
- Perform hands-on analysis in support of business requests, including development of conclusions and recommendations
- When appropriate, support other business units in analyzing current and potential partner relationships
Key Requirements & Skills
- Personable character and a good communicator – ability to communicate complex, technical concepts to non-technical staff
- Degree educated, preferably in a statistical / mathematical subject (Mathematics, Statistics)
- Strong SQL, relational database knowledge and Excel skills
- Ability to manipulate structured and unstructured data in relational databases, graph databases, other big data environments (i.e. Hadoop)
- Excellent data manipulation skills
- Ability to work with current data mining tools and willingness to keep up to speed with the latest Data Science tools, technology and theory (R, Python etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms
- Experience in Business Intelligence, reporting & visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, various Web Analytics platforms)
- Experience in multi-channel analytics, including web analytics
- This position requires limited International travel
- Experience and/or interest in Casino games, Poker, Sports and Horse Racing an asset
- Any user-level experience from: Unix-shell systems (Bash), general networking, firewalls, BigIP, ACL, OpenStack and Kubernetes as well as the continuous integration systems is an advantage
This is an incredible opportunity to work with one of the most exciting and dynamic consulting companies in London. If you are Analytics professional that wishes to use your skills to make a truly demonstrable impact, then apply now.