Innovative and young paymets processing company is looking to hire a Frontend Engineer as a permanent addition to the team in Nottingham, England.
This person will be the first front-end hire in the tech team and crucial to shaping the public image of the company and the next phase of growth.
Defining the Ideal Candidate:
• Needs to make significant contribution to the equity value of the Company
• Help the Company get to market quicker
• Help the Company overcome the many known unknowns ahead
• Help the Company with idea generation and strategy
• Help the Company foster a positive culture
• Protect the Company from making technological mistakes
• A full-stack application developer with extensive experience in developing modern user interfaces
• Help in shaping our strategy for UX/UI design and implementation both for web and mobile applications
• A seasoned application developer who will spend significant part of their time developing applications’ front and middle tiers using .Net Core stack
• Has FinTech and start-up experience
• Needs to be of a calm temperament
• Must have excellent communication skills
• Comfortable in a start-up environment
• Friendly, interesting and a pleasure to be with
• A true technology enthusiast, very much aware of the trends and tools – and being able to select the best ones for the job in hand
The skills, traits and qualifications that will make someone successful in the job:
Professional Skills: Web UI
• Expert knowledge of HTML5/CSS
• Extensive experience with Bootstrap and Material Design
• Significant experience with one or several UI frameworks (e.g., React, Angular)
• Experience with complex application state management (e.g. Redux)
• Strong familiarity with UX design tools (Figma, etc.)
• Experience in gathering and prototyping user stories/requirements
Additional skills that will be nice to have:
Professional Skills: Mobile
• Practical expertise with Xamarin Forms
• Hands on experience of native mobile development (both Android and iOS)
• Experience of developing with older XAMLbased frameworks is a plus.
Professional Skills: Developer
• Hands-on experience with developing applications in .Net Core ecosystem.
• Production-grade C# and SQL skills
• Hands-on experience with REST client and server applications and gRPC.
• Good understanding of event-driven and distributed application architecture
Professional Skills: Unicorn
• Had experimented with or developed with Blazor stack.
A Performance Profile: What will you have achieved.
In 3 months
• Laid solid foundation for our UX/UI development process.
• In collaboration with UX designers established a robust and flexible UI development framework across all our products.
• Implemented best practices in terms of change management and scalability
• Transitioned all existing UI assets to rely on the framework you established
• Established excellent rapport with back- and middle-tier developers
• Have contributed significantly to architecting, developing, testing, and deploying in production of our Web-UI application MVP
In 6 months
• Helped in designing and developing mobile applications, replicating WebApp functionality
• Actively participated in shaping the reusable back- and middle-tier components
• Developed “public face” of the company – web sites for investors, and for users of our public APIs
in 12 months
• Have architected and provisioned the toolset for effective customer support.
• Have helped hiring 2-3 further IT specialists, enabling you to focus on all our UX/UI development efforts where you demonstrate true leadership and a culture of constant improvement
• Have achieved extremely high degree of reliability of all of our digital assets
Next steps: Apply with your CV and I'll get in touch soon!