A global payment technology business is looking to recruit an experienced Compliance Professional to take the responsibility of Group Data Protection Officer, UK Head of Compliance and MLRO.
The Role will cover;
The successful candidate will lead Data Protection Compliance in Europe and provide guidance to, and collaborate with, colleagues in the rest of the World. The appointee will also have responsibility for managing compliance functions in the UK that are supported by large teams in other parts of the business.
The following are the main tasks assigned to the Group Data Protection Officer:
- to inform and advise the Board of Directors, Senior Managers and the employees who carry out processing of their obligations and to assist in adhering to those responsibilities
- to act with independence and in the interests of data subjects;
- to monitor compliance with relevant laws and with the Policies and Procedures, including the assignment of responsibilities, awareness-raising and training of staff involved in processing operations, and the related audits;
- to provide advice where requested as regards data protection impact assessments;
- to cooperate with the supervisory authorities;
The following are the main tasks assigned to the UK Head of Compliance, Money Laundering Officer:
• Supervising the firm’s compliance with its anti-money laundering and other compliance obligations including, but not limited to the Second Payments Services Directive.
- Take responsibility for oversight of compliance with the FCA’s rules on systems and controls against money laundering.
- Oversee the regulatory reporting process. Support any internal audits, management oversight and other reviews.
- Oversee client due diligence including applicant screening, due diligence, behavior profiling, enhanced due diligence, the identification of politically exposed persons, and reviews of higher risk clients. Ensure accurate record keeping and the maintenance of audit trails.
- Support the design, management and oversight of efficient and effective systems compliance controls
- Working closely with colleagues in several jurisdictions to develop appropriate controls, reports and a culture of compliance.
- Ensuring policies, procedures and controls are revised when required by new regulations, the launch of new products and/or the use of new delivery channels. Support projects to implement changes.
- Taking an active role in relevant industry forums and committees.
- Support the identification, mitigation and management of compliance risks. Escalate risks where required.
- Relevant experience of managing Data Protection within the Financial Services Industry
- A good working knowledge of the GDPR
- Relevant experience of AML related topics within the Financial Services industry, preferably in payments
- Good understanding of compliance. Experience in delivering substantial compliance projects.
- Experience of identifying and managing regulatory change.
- Ability to interpret the law, develop policies and procedures required.
Interested? Please get in touch asap for further information.
email@example.com Tel 01737 785976