Our client is a leading global Fintech – a digital trading, brokerage and market-maker. On the back of consistent and high trajectory growth, culminating in a record 2020, the business is continuing a period of sustained international growth. As a key strategic development the business is seeking to appoint a number of C-suite positions to further enhance the senior management team. One such position is a Head of Corporate Services and Governance – someone to lead the teams responsible for the operational infrastructure and integrity of the firm – covering Finance, Legal, Compliance, Risk and HR – a team of over 100 FTE in total.
The rationale for this hire is to establish and maintain leadership and management strength for each component business function and to ensure the highest levels of corporate services provision, and to enhance the Executive Management team.
- Drive the company strategy for Finance, Legal, Compliance and Operational HR.
- Lead, mentor, develop the global corporate teams (managed by respective heads of the departments) to help them to meet their business objectives and constantly improve their output and performance.
- Promote and support improvements to the group legal, finance and/or compliance structures in order to enhance its business value and to establish an effective corporate governance.
- Promote and support the compliance agenda in the countries and regions the firm operates to minimise legal, compliance and tax risks.
- Establish investment strategy to ensure capital growth by diversifying portfolios, managing assets, analysing market trends and reducing financial risk.
- Review, audit and improve business processes in the area of management to align them with the best-in-class practices, for example by establishing and tracking KPIs, in order to deliver better on high level projects and initiatives.
- Closely collaborate with other senior management team members in order to establish a well-functioning and respected management team.
- Drive people development to ensure employees get the best experience in relation to hiring, on-boarding, performance management, facility management, and office support.
- Proven experience in managing global FS business, ideally as either a COO, CFO or equivalent role.
- A superior strategic and operational mindset, with an ability to lead and drive complex projects, while maintaining trustful relationships between stakeholders.
- Experience in managing Finance, Legal, Compliance and/or Risk and HR operations is important.
- Deep knowledge and solid experience in managing corporate finance departments, including but not limited to budgeting and finance control, treasury and investment strategies, tax optimisation, global procurement etc.
- Extensive knowledge in corporate services management within the digital and FS industry.
- Proven experience in managing and transforming corporate and organisational structures.
- Experience in working with global teams in multinational and cross-cultural environments - outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills, with a genuine interest in people development, mentoring and coaching.