Head of Payments Innovation & Strategy
Our client is the Payments arm of a leading Fintech – a specialist software and payment processor with a genuinely global presence. This business operates as a start-up within the wider Group, driving the company’s diversification into new sectors and product areas, whilst retaining and sharing the firm-wide values of reliability, knowledge and technological innovation.
This is a newly created opportunity, reporting to the MD, Payments. As Head of the payment innovation business, this role will oversee a team of 20+ as the main growth driver for the Payments function and as such will assume full P&L responsibility and responsibility for driving the firm’s market position and revenue growth by providing cutting-edge innovative payment solutions. It is expected that the incumbent will strategize, execute, deliver and grow payments within this division as well as building in-house capabilities with full responsibility growing an organization and it’s ecosystem.
- Define and implement the overall strategy for the payments innovation business covering Product, Commercial and Operations.
- Manage the budgeting and full P&L of the business line.
- Drive identified innovation areas from initial concept through to full activation, managing all stages of the process including commercial, pricing, solutions, operations and go to market.
- Have overall responsibility for the relationship and contractual management of all payments partners including negotiating and managing contracts, agreeing joint targets and activities.
- Team management of the payments innovation business, including 4 direct reports and a wider team of 20+. This includes maintaining high levels of engagement and motivation as well driving recruitment where needed.
- Take an active approach to monitor the payments industry, looking for new areas to innovate.
- An expert level understanding of the payments industry (payments acquiring), plus ideally practical exposure to the travel sector.
- Experience of leading and managing multi-geographical teams.
- A proven record of strategizing and scaling a payment business and managing a P&L.
- A willingness to drive innovation, based on a track record of achievement and delivery in similar positions.
- You’ll foresee business opportunities in the payments industry
- Anticipate future industry and organization changes.