Global Head of Risk & Payment Operations
We are partnering an international financial services group specializing in online trading and investment with their search for a Global Head of Risk and Payments Operations. Founded as a brokerage, this award-winning firm has developed over the last 25 years to be a diverse group focussing on broking and dealing, education, and IT across a global footprint and an extensive client portfolio.
The Group continues to build upon this foundation and invest in emerging opportunities. As they move forward, it will continue to invest in human resources, technology, and infrastructure enabling it to continue being a leader in the FS industry.
- Sitting on the Management Board and reporting directly to the CEO, this is a senior position responsible for building and executing the strategy to develop the Payments and Risk Management functions of the Group.
- This role will lead and manage a team of 20+ through 6 direct reports both strategically and operationally to deliver the full cycle of development and operational activities to support existing and new business opportunities.
- The incumbent will work closely with existing external providers managing those relationships as well as identifying new technologies and strategic partnerships for future business development opportunities.
- Specifically, the role will see you develop and manage relationships with service providers, acquiring banks, PSP’s, technological partners etc. including identification/evaluation of vendors, negotiation of commercial terms, onboarding and contracts.
- Internally the role will work closely with Product and Development to deliver new technical solutions, Compliance, Sales and Marketing contributing to the development of existing markets and new market entry strategies whilst maintaining Regulatory and Scheme Compliance.
- Leadership and operational management of the department consisting of the following teams:
- Financial Customer Support
- Importantly, the role will also see you establish and conduct regular audits of fraudulent activity, blocked/limited transactions and/or accounts, implement Anti-fraud and AML controls.
- Extensive practical experience in a Payments leadership role, offering exposure to managing teams of a comparable shape and size.
- Sector experience covering high-frequency, technology based trading – i.e. FX, Crypto, iGaming (online casino, sports betting).
- Significant experience working with both card and alternative payment systems internationally with emphasis on Europe, CIS, LATAM and APAC.
- Substantial payments industry network / connectivity – proven track record creating and retaining relationships with PSPs.
- Strong understanding of card scheme rules and regulations, the payments acceptance process and systems involved in the process.
- Strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to grow diverse remote teams.
For further details and a confidential discussion, please contact Andrew Cook – firstname.lastname@example.org