Our client is a scaling, fast trajectory Fintech – a true disruptor in the financing markets. The firm is ambitious, well-funded but grounded. This position will see the incumbent take responsibility for leading the underwriting unit – overseeing the structuring, assessment and sign-off of risk positions.
In doing so, you will play a critical hands-on, as well as conceptual, role in aiding the firm’s development, helping to define innovative, best-in-industry processes that are simple, digital and scalable. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to setting risk policies; implementing underwriting processes; and managing and mentoring the existing team.
Your qualifications, skills & experience
- 5+ years’ experience in the financial industry, with practical experience in underwriting – gained from working in factoring and/or banking.
- Practical experience of SME business, with specific focus on technology and/or ecommerce ideally.
- Highly analytical, with the ability to lead and manage teams.
- Degree educated to at least undergraduate level, ideally in relevant financial subjects.
- Fluent German and English.