International acquirer requires an HR Manager to join their expanding team in Malta. You will be reporting to the SVP Human Resources and operating in a 360 HR capacity, covering general HR and Recruitment. If you also have Payroll experience, this would be a bonus.
- Assist with coaching line managers to help their development and effectiveness, providing advice and guidance on their approach to people management and development.
- Assist with workforce planning, including succession planning, identifying skill gaps and training needs.
- Manage the Office Management / Admin team, including overseeing that OHSA standards are met, and that the daily running of the office is operating smoothly.
- Act as main point of contact with our HR external service providers (such as external training providers and recruitment agencies
- Lead with obtaining (and renewing) of work permits for EU & Non-EU employees for their possible relocations to Malta, any HQP and PQs applications with MFSA or any other relevant authorities;
- Manage the posting and upkeep of recruitment vacancy adverts across multiple online channels and liaising with external recruitment agencies;
- Primary user for our internal recruitment system, provide training to hiring managers on how to use the system;
- Take lead with screening, shortlisting and interviewing potential candidates;
- Prepare offer letters and contracts of employments (Malta & EU);
- Obtain previous references for selected new hires;
- Fantastic time management and organizational skills and excellent communication skills;
- Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy;
- Ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and complete projects with limited supervision;
- An approachable personality – willing to interact with employees across different levels and jurisdictions;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to handle sensitive information and situations which require empathy, maturity and strict confidentiality at all times;
- Adaptability and flexibility - demonstrating a willingness to learn and evolve with the needs of the department and company;
- Knowledge of Indigo software would be a plus;
- Strong knowledge of Maltese Employment Legislation;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within a similar role, ideally working for an international company;
- Business Management/HR/Organisational Behaviour degree would be considered an asset.