My Partner offers state-of-the-art data centre solutions including security-focused cloud services, dedicated servers, disaster recovery and backup services, as well as colocation and network solutions.
They have servers all across the world and as a global IaaS provider, they focus on leveraging newest technologies, providing excellence of service, and continuously developing new solutions to support their clients’ needs.
They are growing their team at the moment and now looking for a Java Software Architect to join their office Serbia (Belgrade or Novi Sad).
The main purpose of this position is with taking a company’s business strategy and then defining information technology systems architecture to support that strategy. You will assist business specialists and other architects to achieve strategic goals; participate in architect designs and development and apply various principles of enterprises architecture in new business procedures.
You will provide strategic direction by performing future oriented architectural research and creating new architectural concepts for various projects.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Ability to design systems exhibiting flexibility, scalability, security, reliability, and maintainability; must understand tradeoffs of each.
- Must be able to master and keep abreast of the overall architecture and be able to successfully support future and current projects.
- Applies existing solutions and frameworks where applicable to fulfil new project requirements; favour integration over creation.
- When needed, designs new components to fulfil requirements and ensure that solution design is within the technical strategic direction; make recommendations for strategy change and improvement.
- Interacts with other business specialists, architects, team leads, quality assurance, and testing teams to collaborate on system designs to ensure successful project completion according to requirements and those solutions fit within enterprise product roadmaps.
- Responsible for learning new technologies and finding relevant applications in order to analyse their validity and disseminates valuable technology and application research and knowledge to department team members.
- Analyzes the performance of hardware and software interfaces and identifies alternatives for optimizing the usage of computer resources and develops recommendations based on analysis.
- Participates in analysis and design activities so as to produce a viable system design that fits within the overall system architecture whilst addressing all elicited requirements.
- BSc in Computer Science or related discipline or related, relevant experience.
- Excellent leadership, teamwork and communication skills.
- Exceptional business and technical knowledge.
- Driven, creative and results oriented.
- Able to manage workload and abide to tight deadlines.
- Good programming language skills such as Java, GO, C#
- Experience with distributed software systems and remote invocation technologies.
- Exposure to high volume, high-availability web applications.
- Awareness of Open Source community solutions and 3rd party solutions in the marketplace.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people in business language.
- Experience with Linux and MS Windows operating systems.
- Experience with database systems; preferably MySQL.
- Experience with NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Experience using version control systems; preferably GIT.
- Extensive experience with RESTful API and microservices.
- Extensive experience with agile development and DevOps methodology.
- Strong understanding of virtualization and container infrastructure technology.
- Mastery of written and spoken English.