Global Pricing Organization:
The Global Pricing Team is responsible for optimally pricing network products and services, driving revenue growth and merchant acceptance throughout the organization. To do this, the team collaborates with internal partners to manage a pipeline of pricing initiatives and requests, ensuring all requests are evaluated in a consistent manner which includes audit, risk and governance oversight. When designing pricing strategies, the team also contemplates internal and external competitive benchmarks, potential partner reactions and cross-functional implications.
Lastly, the team is responsible for the successful execution and implementation of these pricing strategies, taking into consideration system development needs, and internal and external communication and training requirements.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in cross-functional teams to solve business problems using pricing solutions, collaborating and coordinating with internal stakeholders to make recommendations.
- Develop robust pricing strategies and policies for various partnerships.
- Perform quantitative analyses using internal and external data (e.g. industry research, analyst reports,) sources to facilitate delivery of robust pricing strategies and policies
- Deliver interchange and network fee solutions and strategies for various products and industries. Support and guide staff through these proposed interchange and network solutions.
- Develop and implement pricing strategies for new and evolving products and services, particularly focusing on tokenization, authentication, fraud management and data services.
- Continuously search for, gather and synthesize external data to enable benchmarking and to inform pricing strategies and policies. Develop a comprehensive database for reference.
- Effectively communicate pricing changes to internal colleagues. Partner with these colleagues to communicate these pricing changes to external partners.
- Develop strong, collaborative working relationships with Global Pricing, and other key business partners, including Operations, International Markets, Global Acceptance, and the Business Development teams.
- Deliver and implement the procedures and business rules required to support stated pricing policies, as well as the documentation and communication of policy.
- Establish, document and formalize processes and controls to drive greater operational efficiencies and excellence for critical initiatives and deliverables. Address risks and opportunities with existing procedures.
- Perform thorough and detailed data analysis in support of the identification of pricing solutions and initiatives to digitize transactions, enhance network data quality, and increase operational efficiency.
- Design and implement industry-leading pricing solutions that support market and regional business strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, including the ability to prioritize issues and identify the best solution out of many options.
- Track record of creativity in problem solving and flexibility in adapting to new requirements as their role evolves.
- Analytical acumen with the ability to effectively synthesize insights from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Aptitude for researching and evaluating industry practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills—capable and comfortable with developing and providing well-structured communications, presentations, and reporting to all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a "peer" with functions.
- Highly proficient in Excel and other spreadsheet tools
- Extremely strong organization and project management skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Intellectual curiosity related to payments and/or Fintech
- Ability to effectively move through a matrixed organization.
- 4+ years of experience in Pricing, Financial Services, Transaction Processing, or Analytics.
- 5-7+ years of experience in payment services, transaction processing, project management, consulting, or similar work environment(s) with a dynamic scope of work
- Microsoft Access, Teradata, SQL, VBA.
- Flexible and Self Motivated
- Execute with a Sense of Urgency
- Results Driven and Solutions Oriented
- Ambitious and Hardworking
- High Levels of Emotional Intelligence
- People and Thought leadership skills