Principal Product Manager: Cards
The Core and International Product Team is responsible for the management and release of global card products, core network products and the features and benefits used to support these products by the issuing franchises or issuers of their network alliance partners.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the launch and roll out of various card products for international partners including all aspects associated with Risk, Governance, Operations, Marketing and Technology. Within the Core Products team, this position will be responsible for assessing the performance, structure and direction of new and existing product lines and develops or assists in developing and executing strategic product plans for key initiatives such as the introduction of new products, product line extensions, or product enhancements. This position will assist the team in achieving specific goals for each product, including evaluating product performance, and identifying innovations to address customer needs and improve product performance in the market.
- Identify competitive sets for card products globally and help leadership determine where we should focus growth efforts.
- In your capacity as a Product owner, manage the launch and rollout of Consumer Card products (credit, debit, prepaid and co-brand) for our international partners.
- Define and execute strategic product roadmaps to build new products, enhance existing products, or improve performance.
- Manage key operational processes and integrations by partnering and managing relationships with stakeholders in Product Marketing, Technology, Risk and Legal
- Lead the launch of new products, capabilities and benefits for credit, debit, prepaid and
Co- Brand card products
- Understand business objectives and customer needs, and identify creative ways to leverage capabilities and develop new solutions to meet those needs
- Lead consumer –wide strategic initiatives to drive business results, improve customer experiences and increase agility in card product development
Qualifications & Experience
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Proven proposition development experience within Payment Services
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact at all levels
- Proven Product Development track record with a focus on trend management and product delivery
Proven proposition development experience within Payment Services
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to build reliable working relationships within the network, the company and with our international partners
- Strong consumer card product experience , particularly in credit, debit and co brand space from an Issuing / Global Payment Brand background
- Experience in Project Management, Payments, Technology Solutions, or related field
- Experience in product development and product lifecycle management, in the card or payments space is preferred.
- Experience and proven track record within Card/Issuing related business with consumer mind set and proven product knowledge is a plus
- Ability to work on own initiative, be creative and make decisions with minimum supervision