About Our Client
You would have the privilege of working with the world’s leading global open banking platform that opens the door to global financial services with just 5 lines of code.
Founded by serial FinTech entrepreneurs, the company has expanded across several continents, now gazing at USA and other developed markets.
Their success is owed entirely to the team, who do not just believe in, but live, the company's mission. Their performance has been rewarded through winning many awards including being in the FinTech50 (Europe’s top 50 FinTech companies) for two years in a row.
Now that the time has come to expand once more, they seek a product manager who will pave the way of the company's future into other markets, represent it through exceptional employer branding and take its teams to the next level.
As Product Manager, you will be responsible for helping to build innovative products that satisfy the needs of our customers. You will lead cross-functional teams to manage products end-to-end in a collaborative effort between engineering, design, sales and operations teams.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
· Building a deep understanding of customers' needs, defining the competitive positioning and keeping on top of broader industry developments.
· Assisting in developing the vision and roadmap for the overall offering and owning these for your specific products.
· Working closely with developers to ensure delivery and make sure the company provides the best technical experience possible for its customers.
· Interacting with other internal team members and stakeholders (sales, partnerships, operations etc) as well as customers to gather input and information, communicate progress and manage delivery.
· Getting your hands dirty and understanding the product in-and-out as the expert on the product.
Our client is growing rapidly, but remains a small company in which the team are required to contribute to many aspects of their departments’ roles in the wider business. The rate of change is very fast, and the role may also require work being undertaken, sometimes at short notice.
What we look for in your professional skills:
You’re likely to be educated to degree level or equivalent, with excellent communication skills (across all media) and possess the ability to ‘get things done’ in a flexible dynamic organisation without having to rely on line-authority over other team members.
You will have:
· Significant product management experience (4+ years) - you have ideally built APIs or digital financial services at scale.
· Deep understanding of technical platforms and digital financial services - you have worked in fintech, financial services (preferably challenger banks, payment schemes, cards or FX), or tech companies creating SaaS / PaaS products.
· Leadership capabilities and excellent communication skills - you can earn the trust of people from different teams/backgrounds with a collaborative approach.
· Strong sense of ownership and drive - you are able to think and execute in a fast-moving, dynamic environment while prioritizing across multiple projects.
· A passion for delighting customers, seeking user feedback and continuous product improvement.
· Understanding of product management processes and agile ways of working - you can manage processes to help the team do its best work at different stages of growth.
· Strong technical knowledge, are able to dive deep into technical discussions with engineers, capture and surface the key information.
· A well-rounded knowledge of product systems, design thinking, and what’s possible to execute in code.
· The capacity to adapt quickly and work with incomplete information or ambiguous situations.
· A strong interest in data and experimentation; you approach problems from an inquisitive and scientific perspective and are always looking for data to help make decisions, but you know how to balance quantitative and qualitative insights.
· Understanding of compliance in a regulated financial environment is a plus.
You are a team-oriented person with excellent written and verbal communication skills and are able to talk easily to people at all levels.
You have good organisational skills and the ability to thrive in a fast moving, dynamic environment that is fun, but serious as well (we are responsible for other people’s money and we take this and our regulatory responsibilities very seriously).
Role location and hours
Unless agreed otherwise the role will be a full-time role and you will be based in our London offices.