Project Managers/Business Analysts required for 12 month contract with a global leader in the Banking and Financial Services sector.
This role will support on the delivery of the Customer Authentication Programme and will report into the SCA Programme Director. This Programme will coordinate a wide range of stakeholders across the payments industry to help them collectively deliver against an agreed industry plan to implement SCA for card-not-present transactions for e-commerce by March 2021.
The role will involve extensive stakeholder engagement across the payments industry, managing inputs and outputs from many different working groups and ensuring that overall programme activity is tightly coordinated. The role requires supporting the working groups in information gathering, problem definition and analysis, options generation, evaluation and recommendation.
The role is externally facing with a stakeholder group of well over 100 organisations including regulators, issuers, acquirers, merchants and trade associations.
- Progress project issues of common interest under the direction of the SCA Programme Director.
- Take responsibility for leading the work required to support one or more working group chairs in delivering on their workplans, ensuring those workplans are properly managed.
- Support the overall team’s efforts in producing assessments of the risks impacting the industry’s industry readiness, using agreed key metrics and milestones for reporting to the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Provide Secretariat services to the SCA governance groups including arranging meetings, preparing agendas and papers, writing minutes and managing any associated project outcomes and activities.
- Maintain good working relationships with colleagues in other areas within UK Finance and externally with stakeholders to ensure collaboration across programme activities.
Suitable candidates will have solid experience of working on projects specific to the financial services sector. Experience of cross-industry projects is highly desirable as well as a knowledge of the payments industry and card payments space. You should be able to demonstrate:
- Evidence of project or workstream leadership in a large programme.
- Evidence of stakeholder management skills in a similar environment.
- Evidence of the ability to research, data gather and contribute to reports and other
- Written documentation to a high level of quality.
Skills and Competencies
- Credible and persuasive with strong leadership skills.
- Clear and confident communication and listening skills with the ability to clearly
- articulate responses.
- Good interpersonal skills together with the ability to effectively manage
- stakeholder relationships.
- High level of personal organisation, able to set realistic and practical goals for their work, along with the ability to deliver work packages to tight deadlines.