Regional Head of Sales – Africa (based in Singapore)
- A leading global player in online payments, seeks an experienced, driven, and ambitious sales leader to oversee their team focussed on the African market. You will be responsible for building and managing a team, and growing the business - identifying and developing new business opportunities, and negotiating agreements with key external stakeholders , merchants, and business partners.
- You will be expert in the African region and be able to draw upon and demonstrate a proven track record of revenue growth through direct sales and capturing market / growth opportunities. You will be work cross-functionally with other senior stakeholders and leaders in the organization and take a leading role in building strategic relationships with key leaders in merchant organizations and partners at the C-level and driving pipeline activity in the region for both sales and market development.
- While the business and e-commerce landscape are relatively nascent in the region, it is experiencing hypergrowth, and the role presents an opportunity to drive growth in the region.
- Define and implement the business strategy to drive and maximize growth for the African market and establish the firm as the leading PSP in the cross-border payment space.
- Identify new business growth opportunities and clearly articulate the benefits which can be driven.
- Take responsibility for the overall P&L of the business including establishing business and revenue goals and strategies.
- Build a high-performance sales team capable of delivering and exceeding targets.
- Manage the sales pipeline and drive discipline around prospecting and onboarding new customers, as well as relationship -based growth of existing portfolio.
- Drive “operational excellence” by leveraging regional infrastructure to maximize efficiency and synergy of the organizations.
- Represent the company both internally and externally to communicate key business objectives, build partnerships and seek resources.
- Partner with all affiliates to cross/up-sell user for merchandise as well as payment volume.
Qualifications & Experience:
- An experienced “Hunter” with a proven track record of commercial success, both individually and as the developer and leader of teams.
- Direct sales focus from working for Payment Gateways, Wallets, or Merchant Acquiring in Banks/ Financial Services. Experience of growing Sales teams within a start-up / scale-up business is advantageous.
- You should not have sold through partners or channels, rather you will be able to demonstrate a history of closing deals with merchants directly.
- Appropriate industry knowledge of payments and eCommerce.
- People leadership experience leading and building high-performance sales teams
- Must have an excellent command of both verbal and written English. Proficiency of one of the commonly used languages in the region is highly desirable, but not necessary.
Interested? Please contact me to talk in strictest confidence. Andrew Cook | +44 (0) 7801953663 | firstname.lastname@example.org