Want to truly leave your mark on something? This is your chance.
A new Pentasia partner is actively looking for a new CTO to help them scale and rebuild, rework and redesign their technology department. There is a big task ahead.
To ensure that these platforms remain at the forefront of the highly competitive and evolving payments markets, our client needs a Payments CTO, reporting to the CEO & working closely with the Head of Operations, to improve and develop both the current product set and drive its technology strategy for future scalability.
- This role is pivotal to the success of the business, and we require a technologist that will take ownership of the existing IT solution, develop, and improve it, build a strategy to deliver further product functionality, and deliver the future proof technology we need.
- Working with an existing outsourced team of developers whilst building our own in-house team, you will be a great people leader who wants to lead from the front, remaining hands-on in the business whilst developing & directing others.
- Recruit and hire a team of class leading developers.
- Ensure the back end of our product is fit for purpose, investigate and report on the existing software and suggest, then implement, improvements & fixes.
- Taking responsibility for all resources & budgets, and implementing best process management standards with reviewing, mapping, and optimising all procedures, policies, processes.
- Designing and implementing the wider technology strategy and standards, including a Business Continuity Plan, leading by example, and becoming our SME by demonstrating your deep expertise in payments and technology.
- Leading the development of backend system platforms.
- Managing staffing and team management, helping the CEO to create a culture of service excellence & innovation, honesty, and fun.
- Creating a productive and energetic environment within the department.
- Negotiating with vendors and monitoring outsourcing contracts.
- You are likely to be an experienced developer, team leader, CTO or IT/software professional currently working within payments / financial technology & keen to join a scale up business within this space.
- Excellent general communications skills, able to engage with fluency both technical and non-technical staff, keeping communication open and having the confidence to push back and challenge where necessary.
- Deep understanding of the payment’s domain, associated technologies, business processes and the complexities of the payments ecosystem.
- Familiarity with the wider fintech landscape & good experience in people leadership of technical teams, credible across technical domains.
- Experience of high-quality technical development (especially focused on PHP/Laravel).
- Capable of seeing beyond the technical into the wider strategic and commercial view
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change, working in a scale up environment which is fast paced and challenging.
- Strong relationship building skills & a natural problem solver in the technical domain