Senior Business Development Manager - Spain
Our client is looking for a payments experienced Business Development Manager to join their sales team to be based in Spain.
About this opportunity
Our client is a growing payments company whose mission is to empower business to go beyond, enabling any business of any size from anywhere to access new economic opportunities by making it possible to transact as easily globally as they do locally.
The Senior Business Development Manager will join the sales team and lead will be tasked to enable SMBs and professional businesses in Spain to get paid globally with the company’s fast, flexible, secure and low-cost solutions. The responsibilities will include assessing and identifying the opportunities in the market and increasing business adoption and market penetration.
Working in a dynamic sales environment, you will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying and recruiting SMB’s and professionals on the platform. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multitasked, high energy environment with an ability to deal with ambiguity. Candidate should possess strong strategic selling ability, that enables him or her to drive engagement with respective stakeholders. The business development manager should also be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory coverage plan. This role provides opportunities to develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions in a competitive and ever-changing business climate. This role can be based from anywhere in mainland Spain, however you will be required to attend meetings in our Barcelona office, and travel generally for work related activities.
- Impact market segment share by acquiring and onboarding new customers across all verticals.
- Build and grow a strong network of partners and affiliates with potential distribution channels including service providers, SMB’s, Freelance bodies and trade associations.
- Maintain and exceed country targets in areas of # of clients and GMV from our direct business.
- Drive below the line activities to augment customer acquisitions and represent the company in industry forums to drive awareness.
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions for services in coordination with the marketing team.
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key stakeholders.
- Draft various business reports
Your qualifications and experience
- Must have Payments experience.
- 5+ years working in a business development role within Payments ideally working with the Spanish market.
- Experience working with SMBs.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Dynamic, sharp and independent, possess excellent commercial, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Track record of meeting and exceeding business established goals.
- Proficiency in the use of email, with strong written and verbal communications skills.
- High level of organization and focus and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to see the bigger picture.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment, anticipate future needs and drive results.
Interested? Next steps…
- This is a great opportunity for a Business Development Manager who is a self-starter to join a growing team within a fast-paced environment.
- When applying please ensure your CV shows your experience that is most relevant to the requirements, and please confirm your current location.
- An inclusive CV screening to ensure the right fit – Headcount have various opportunities across the business, so if this role is not suitable then we may share other suitable opportunities with you.
- A series of online/virtual meetings will take place to ensure a good fit – starting with an informal chat with Headcount.
- Your communication during the recruitment process is taken into consideration for your suitability for the position.
- As we may receive a high number of applications, we may not be able to contact all unsuccessful applicants with the outcome unfortunately.