Senior Business Development Manager, Europe, Spain
If you’re the kind of person that loves to get things done, collaborate with colleagues all over the world and is interested in joining a fast-growing global company that is trusted by the world’s top digital brands and truly cares for its customers this is the opportunity for you!
What’s the job?
Are you a starter – finisher, analytical, customer focused, strategic and yet execution focused? Are you passionate about bringing in transformation in your customers business? Do you have the leadership traits to be an entrepreneur with a strong work ethic? If the answer to all of the above is yes, keep reading.
We’re looking for
Highly-talented Senior Business Development Manager, to be one of the pioneering members of our Spanish team. The incumbent will be tasked to enable SMBs and professional businesses in Spain to get paid globally with our fast, flexible, secure and low-cost solutions. Your responsibilities will include assessing and identifying the opportunities in the market and increasing business adoption and market penetration.
Working in a dynamic sales environment, you will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying and recruiting SMB’s and professionals on our platform. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multitasked, high energy environment with an ability to deal with ambiguity. Candidate should possess strong strategic selling ability, that enables him or her to drive engagement with respective stakeholders. He / she should also be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory coverage plan. This role provides opportunities to develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions in a competitive and ever-changing business climate. This role can be based from anywhere in mainland Spain.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Impact market segment share by acquiring and onboarding new customers across all verticals.
- Build and grow a strong network of partners and affiliates with potential distribution channels including service providers, SMB’s, Freelance bodies and trade associations.
- Maintain and exceed country targets in areas of # of clients and GMV from our direct business.
- Drive below the line activities to augment customer acquisitions and represent the industry forums to drive awareness.
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions for our services in coordination with the marketing team.
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key stakeholders.
- Draft various business reports
Have you accomplished these kinds of qualifications?
- 5+ years of business development and management experience, especially in payments, ecommerce or crowdsourcing freelancers.
- Experience in working with SMB’s is essential.
- Track record of meeting and exceeding business established goals
- Proficiency in the use of email, with strong written and verbal communications skills
- High level of organization and focus and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to see the bigger picture
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment, anticipate future needs and drive results.
The following would be considered a plus for candidates:
- Experience in Affiliates and Partnerships activity
- Experience with direct sales for small businesses engaged in cross border trade
- Experience with digital marketing, affiliate marketing, social media
- Experience with data analytics & BI tools