Leadership role as Senior Manager within the business Operations area, helping to lead the build of our next generation of Platform capabilities.
The role is responsible for managing a team of professionals that leads the development of infrastructure systems, network releases, and network off-cycle projects
We’re looking for a passionate, collaborative individual that can help shape the evolution our payment networks through delivery & support of multiple value streams while effectively managing a team of Business Analysts and/or Product Owners, including hiring, directing, mentoring, and assigning work.
As a key member of the Payment Network leadership team the individual will be expected to collaborate with business and technology partners to help define the strategy and execution of our application development and architecture.
We embrace change and evolution, both in our staff and systems. We are building new payment systems for our networks that allow us to utilize modern technologies (APIs , Cloud, Big Data, Open Source, Event driven real time processing) and approaches to delivery (Scaled Agile, CI/CD, TDD + BDD) that will enable us to produce software and systems to support our business and adapt to change within the fast paced FinTech world.
- Manages a team including hiring, performance, coaching, and development decisions.
- Translates business goals of projects and directs the team in developing solutions that result in positive customer experiences.
- Coaches and mentors team members. Supports individuals to achieve their individual development goals. Utilizes Agile and Lean practices to identify and solve systemic issues.
- Communicates project issues and achievements to the business and management.
- Utilises tools to support data-driven decision making. Identifies and removes blockers to enable the team to meet business goals.
- Analyses and develops requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, and system interfaces.
- Plans, implements, and executes projects aligning to the appropriate release cycles.
- Oversee delivery of software through continuously deployed solutions via the right tools; i.e. SAFe/Scrum/Kanban agile methodologies.
- Be reliable, self-motivated and willing to accept responsibility and accountability.
- Be flexible and adaptable to change in an ever-changing marketplace
- Drive a culture of quality, innovation and best practice within your teams
- Coach and develop our future talent
- Conceptualize and communicate strategic approaches
- Promote a risk aware culture within the team to ensure efficient and effective risk compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes that support the DFS approach to audit and compliance.
Qualifications & Experience
Here’s what we need from you:
- Master's Degree in Networking, IT, or related field
- Self-motivated, Commercial & Operational understanding of the Payments domain
- Strong knowledge and understanding of emerging trends in Payments software engineering
- Proven track record of delivering quality in an Agile environment
- Proven track record of turning concepts and ideas into tangible solutions
- Servant leadership style backed up with strong emotional intelligence
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to articulate vision and inspire teams
- Proven experience in coaching teams
- Passion for learning
- Strong collaborator
- Strong technical acumen
- Cisco Industry Certification - CCNA or higher, ITIL foundations, or related