Senior Operational Risk Manager
Our client is a market-leading, institutional e-trading business. You will join the established yet developing Risk group in a newly appointed role designed to further promote and develop risk understanding and culture within the firm, globally. The incumbent will focus on performing risk assessment, management and governance; including the design and execution of risk and control assessments; incident governance and resolution and promotion of firm-wide risk policy and management procedures.
- Developing, assess and embed Enterprise Risk and Resiliency frameworks and relevant risk policies.
- Conduct independent risk control assessments, and design reporting tools as appropriate.
- Analyse and monitor risk incidents and issues for business services. Report risk issues/incidents, decisions and status to senior management on a regular basis.
- Facilitate the 1st line through their RCSA across the European and Asian businesses.
- Collaborate internally to promote and govern the development, documentation and maintenance of the EU/ Asia business impact assessments, business continuity plans, and business continuity testing.
- Assist in the development and creation of Risk Management Information (MI) for the Board and Senior Management.
- Develop strong relationship with business partners by addressing concerns in a timely manner.
- Keep abreast of the latest risk and resilience techniques and industry best practices.
- BA Degree or equivalent; advanced degree or credentials preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in ORM, ERM and/or Risk Control.
- Deep understanding of technology risk, including risks associated with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and agile development.
- Capital Markets experience preferred, strong analytical skills.
- Relevant experience in the areas of Technology, Credit, Settlements and Operational risks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting to management, senior staff etc.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a team to ensure work is completed timely and in compliance with required standards.