Senior Payments Manager
Our client provides specialist digital FS trading services. This ambitious firm is growing rapidly and central to sustained growth and business diversity is an interest in developing a best-in-class Payments function.
Opportunity has arisen for a highly skilled and experienced Payments Manager, to be based in Cyprus, and who will play a key role in enhancing the operational output and strengths of the team, in collaboration with other key related departments. This individual will work across Product Payments, Project Management, PSP relationships, Technology and other units outside the Payments function etc.
You will report directly to the firm’s Payments Director and provide high level advice on strategic planning, business opportunities, risk management and continuous quality improvement, but the main focus will be on developing and implementing best practices in automating operational processes (Product & Project collaboration) in order to achieve excellent customer satisfaction and operational performance.
As an active member of the management team, the incumbent will focus on deriving and driving financial strategy, and in conjunction with the existing C-suite team, manage all financial related activities, and supporting firm-wide operational activities, including treasury.
You should be familiar with international payments, including B2C solutions; various account solutions – operational, settlement, collateral – and FX markets; and be able to apply extended practical working knowledge from a financials perspective.
Include but not be restricted to;
Key responsibilities will include but not be restricted to;
- Managing a team of about 10+ now, possible more automated or growing in the near future; monitor teamwork and performance and take corrective actions where appropriate;
- Identification and implementation of operational best practice, identifying and highlighting further opportunities for services and process improvements;
- Verifying at all times that newly added and existing PSP’s and their onboardings are in place;
- Quality control, investigate complaints, and ensure the highest levels of resolutions are provided when customers experience any payments issues;
- Providing appropriate and timely efficient analysis and make sure to send all report results to our Senior Management and the team;
- Conducting regular reviews of all operational processes and procedures in order to ensure the most effective way of operational excellence in a technology environment;
- Ensuring clarity around priorities and goals for the function, working with managers to ensure the goals cascade to all employees;
- Delivery of overall targets (KPIs), tracking operation team performance metrics;
- Transferring business requirements to the Developing teams in order to ultimately achieve a smooth implementation, automatization and creation of back office tool for team and supervised processes;
- Being fully accountable in delivering project objectives related to the assigned area of responsibility;
- Guide, inspire and motivate a number of Operation Managers and Team Leaders to ensure operational excellence, high employee engagement and service improvement is achieved;
- Manage the team responsible for customer facing transactions issues and incident management to ensure the timely and effective resolution of all issues;
This is an involved, hands-on and challenging position suitable for someone excited by a disruptive approach to traditional banking methods; and who is strategic and analytical yet commercial in their thinking and behaviours. The ability to manage and influence stakeholders of all levels internally and externally is essential as is the ability to offer wider strategic and business leadership.
This is an essential hire to the continued development and expansion of the firm. The role will be visible at the highest levels, with interactions across all business lines. This key role will shape and nurture the Payments function to business activities; managing stakeholders and ensuring that the business adheres to changing financial, regulatory and taxation landscapes, both internally and externally. This is a complex and challenging position that will requires the jobholder to demonstrate the following qualities and qualifications:
- An undergraduate, preferably post-graduate educated in relevant subjects, and a qualified accountant.
- 5+ years of experience in managerial operational roles, primarily in Payments industry, as a second option we will consider - Retail Banking, Digital Banking, Financial service, etc.;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in building and leading a multi-skilled operational team (10+), ideally with a diversity in geographies, remote;
- An excellent understanding of process automatisation, operations tools / dashboards development, organisation of the operations data flow;
- Excellent leadership, people management, operation of a huge number of transactions, communication, influencing, conflict management skills at a senior level with the ability to build and maintain productive working relationships and negotiate with a range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Capability of translating business strategy into day to day delivery;
- Possess excellent analytical skills, with a proven ability to crystallise insights using data visualization tools, reporting and an in-depth understanding of business models will be appreciated;
- Have a strong business acumen and problem-solving ability, adaptability and stress tolerance.
Please contact me in strictest confidence.