My client is seeking a Strategy Manager to join their Vertical Growth team which sets the short and long-term strategy for specific verticals as well as performing lead generation activities to help fill the sales’ pipeline globally. This role is remote however the Strategy Manager will be required to visit the London office once per quarter.
About the team
There are 5 growth vertical teams: Airlines, Travel & Hospitality; Retail, Grocery, & Petrol; Government & Utilities; Gaming, Education & Digital Media; and Financial Services & Healthcare.
The teams consist of strategy and go-to-market members.
What you will be doing
You will help develop and own my client's global vertical strategy (prioritized markets/customers; go-to-market approach; long-term strategic position; value proposition; etc.) for merchants in our Travel & Hospitality Verticals, with a focus on mobility & travel distribution.
Reporting to the Sr. Vertical Director, you will plan, coordinate, manage and execute that strategy. It will involve an analytical component and will also require engagement with critical stakeholders from across the business, e.g.: Business Development, Relationship Management, Marketing & Demand Generation, Partner Management, Product, Schemes and Implementation.
You will be defining our key strategic sub-verticals in a way that aligns with our product proposition and will provide input into the product strategy / roadmap, marketing initiatives, partner development, and directly support the delivery of new and existing business.
Key role characteristics:
- Define and execute our annual Plans to Win globally (GTM strategy)
- Coordinate and drive execution of strategic and commercial initiatives that involve a diverse array of internal and external stakeholders
- Clarify the sub-vertical product proposition to win in each market
- Work closely with go-to-market and partner managers to create ensure we are effectively targeting our marketing and partner cultivation efforts
- Provide input into the product roadmap, acting as voice of the customer in your sub-verticals
- Support various regional commercial teams on ad-hoc strategic and tactical requests including participation in account meetings and RFPs, helping to create target lists, and keeping them informed of vertical trends and insights
- Attend and present at industry and internal conferences, webinars. Contribute to thought leadership articles in industry-related press.
- A deep understanding of and passion for the mobility industry
- Payments or other financial services experience
- You have been central to wide-ranging strategic decision-making processes and are comfortable making choices and assessing trade-offs
- University degree or similar
Added bonus if you have:
- Strategy experience from a management consultancy firm or at another mid/large-size company within the sectors relevant to these verticals
- Experience presenting in front of large, public audiences
- Multiple language skills
What my client will offer you
- A competitive salary based on experience
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- Flexible, partial remote working options