Outstanding opportunity to join a leading mobile games provider.
Reporting to the Executive Producer, the Studio Technical Director will set the standard for technical work within the studio and take responsibility for developing the skill set of the development team to suit artistic and game design goals. Having strong knowledge of various game technologies for both client and server, the successful candidate will also be responsible for selecting and promoting appropriate technologies for use within the studio.
- Determine what technology is best suited for each project; understand the engine, middleware and their constraints in the main areas of a game: client, server and infrastructure.
- With the Engineering Leads, manage the programming process and identify the programming tasks and
- Ensure that the games are being built with a productive methodology and solid coding practices, technical briefs, code reviews, keeping in mind long term quality and future code sharing between projects.
- Identify technical risks on projects and develop contingency plans to put into place with the team.
- Maintain positive working relationships with technology teams to enhance the use of shared technologies.
- Maintain regular internal communications and encourage a pleasant team atmosphere.
- Facilitate communication both within and across disciplines.
- Demonstrate good leadership, charisma, enthusiasm and a sense of commitment.
- Manage the performance of the programming team staff and manage direct reports.
- Take responsibility for recruitment, on-boarding, development and professional training of the programming team.
- Ensure each Lead Engineer defines clearing and challenging objectives to their team members.
- Propose solutions to improve the development of projects in the studio.
- Identify and promote the application of technical best practices within the studio.
- Facilitate and encourage the sharing of technical knowledge and code between projects.
Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 7 years of leadership experience, in the games industry and preferably 2 years of more in a similar role.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineers, or equivalent.
- Exceptional management and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of programming languages and software engineering practices.
- Experience of working with AWS and Unity