Our client, a multinational software vendor is seeking an experienced Technical Data Analyst to join their team on a remote basis as a permanent employee. We will require somebody comfortable working with stakeholders between GMT & GMT+4 in terms of time zones. As such, we are ideally looking for applicants in Europe.
- Supporting in data analysis tasks, including exploratory data analysis, data preparation, data collection (scripting for capture and consuming API's) and visualization.
- Supporting assessing the quality of predictive models, checking predictive results against real data and performing exploratory analysis to provide insights on the reasons of failure and success.
Required skills and experience:
- Ideally upwards of 4 years experience in a Data Analyst role or similar.
- Programming skills in either R or Python.
- Significant SQL querying experience, ideally in T-SQL (Knowledge of aggregates such PERCENTILE, temporary tables, CTEs, linked servers, JSON and XML queries, CROSS/OUTER APPLY etc.).
- Experience with Jupyter or RStudio (experience of data gathering/preparation within Jupyter or R, such consuming web APIs, database calls, scraping).
- Plotting of charts (with libraries such as plotly and ggplot).
- Experience of scraping frameworks such as Scrapy or BeautifulSoup.
- A University Degree in Computer Science or similar is heavily preferred.
- Strong English language skills are a must.