Business Development Executive
- Job Ref: 25665
- Location: London
- Salary: up to £40K dependent on experience.
Our client is a thriving community of payment professionals who connect the payments ecosystem, encourage innovation and drive profitable business growth for payments companies.
It achieves this by delivering a comprehensive programme of activities for members with help from an independent Advisory Board, which addresses key issues impacting the industry. Their members include payments schemes, banks, issuers, payment service providers and retailers.
To support its continued growth, they are now looking for a Business Development Executive to join the team. This is a broad role focused on securing membership sales and events sponsorship for this fast-growing business.
Working closely with, and reporting to, the Commercial Director, the Business Development Executive will be responsible for selling memberships to companies in the banking, payments, FinTech and PayTech sectors. At the same time, this role is responsible for developing sponsorship opportunities and securing sponsors for the companies' successful portfolio of conferences and events. The candidate will secure profitable sponsorships through value-adding sponsorship packages with both established clients and new prospects.
The successful candidate will have at least two years’ sales experience gained within a financial or technology environment. They will be self-motivated, target-oriented, ready to jump straight in and will be an effective team player. The role will require an intelligent, insight-led sales approach to the levels of membership and the suite of sponsorship opportunities, considering the potential to cross-sell between products.
• Willingness to understand the product offering and business
• Ability to generate leads, establish needs, develop and present proposals, negotiate and close sales
• Enthusiasm for achieving and exceeding revenue targets
• Proactive and informed approach to new business opportunities
• Ability to adhere to a defined sales process and agreed sales administration
• Collaborative approach to management of existing relationships
• Ability to work closely with events, marketing and sales colleagues
• Experience in reporting through a CRM reporting tool
You can apply for this vacancy using our online application form. This will require you to provide some basic information necessary to process your application, and also a current CV.
Back to listing