- Job Ref: 25217
- Location: London
- Salary: up to £75,000 + bonus + benefits
- An emerging company that is working hard to eliminate payment fraud is keen to employ a passionate Legal Counsel.
- Backed by investment from Global Payments companies this company's growth trajectory is astronomical and the team are creative, ambitious people whom like to work in a collaborative way.
- The Legal Counsel will enjoy working with all areas of the business to help ensure that they comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- As first point of contact for legal issues, you will report to the Chief Legal and Compliance Officer and enjoy liaison with the senior management team, stakeholders and customers on a global basis.
- Day to day the role will comprise of enthusing about commercial contracts in general. This should not be viewed as a repetitive duty as contracts will need to be written, negotiated, updated and reviewed in ever-increasing depth. There is huge variety and in an ever-changing regulated world, this is of vast importance.
- Other duties will be delegated as the company develops and grows and involvement regarding Risk and the Risk Register will also become prevalent.
- You will be a Qualified Lawyer or Barrister with a few years Pqe experience in a highly commercial role where you have to constantly 'think on your feet'. Ideally you will have experience of working in-house but equally, applications can be considered from Lawyers with entrepreneurial flair wishing to make the move out of Practice.
- You will have experience working within the financial services sector (ideally payments or credit) and love to 'live and breathe' all things legal.
- You will have a 'can-do' approach to working and seek to engage fully with everyone in the business and enjoy a full remit of legal based topics and issues.
- With knowledge of FCA and other regulatory requirements you will delight in working in a fast-paced environment with an enthusiastic team.
Please apply in writing and call for further information on 01737 785976.
You can apply for this vacancy using our online application form. This will require you to provide some basic information necessary to process your application, and also a current CV.
Back to listing