Payments Project Manager
- Job Ref: #26278
- Location: London
- Salary: 80.000-100.000k
This role is to join the Project & Delivery management team within a payment implementation and change programs.
The role requires strong project management skills, demonstrating a delivery track record of IT and/or business solutions in a client-facing environment. The opportunity requires an individual that can quickly adjust themselves to the needs of the bank culture in which they will work, handle stress well, can confidently manage vendors and stakeholders and be able to keep a strong client and delivery focus. The successful candidate is a great communicator, collaborator and a natural problem solver who helps delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Hold accountability for successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling, budgeting and closure of a project.
- Ensure that the project goals and deliverables are clearly defined and communicated accordingly to responsible parties.
- Build, maintain and track against a Mid-Level project Plan as a quality Gate for both reporting to management and how client delivery is to be measured.
- Facilitate client workshops to present, validate and achieve consensus on business approaches, requirements, plans and timelines.
- Ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts.
- Assess and develop any contingency or recovery plans.
- Understanding of Change and Implementation oversight and/or management.
- Recognise the importance of bridging the project and the business/ Ops without bias.
- Ensure issues and risks are identified, tracked, actioned and mitigated in a timely manner to minimise uncertainty and impact to delivery schedule.
- Support the program manager in delivering the project as part of a wider portfolio.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities with a resilient approach to getting the job done.
- Manage stakeholders with regards to target deliverables against project schedule and any impacts go live date.
- Creation of internal and external status reports for management partners.
- Conducting a project evaluation review to assess how well the project was managed.
The successful applicant will have /be:
- 5+ years of experience of project management and / or redesigning processes.
- Excellent leadership experience, team management, be able to work across multiple work streams
- Strong planning, reporting and budget management skills.
- Is a problem solver and able to overcome issues with limited supervision.
- Is hands on and analytical in understanding the overall project background, risks, issues etc.
- Is able to confidently liaise with senior stakeholders and provide a summary view of the project, risks, issues, etc.
- Able to build and sustain successful relationships.
- Effective time management, and a strong facilitator, able to re-prioritise tasks/mange demands in order to keep a project on schedule.
- Clear coherent communication, authoritative, direct and pragmatic in decision making process.
- Able to have intelligent and informed conversations with clients, team, stakeholders, and suppliers. Document outcomes and plan accordingly.
- Hands-on knowledge of Agile and traditional project management principles and practices with an ability, if required, to blend them together based on current project requirements.
As it is key for a payments project manager to understand a payments landscape and how all the different components within it relate to each other, candidates must have experience in payment implementation projects and have working knowledge of following subjects:
- Payment schemes (SEPA, SCTInst, UKFP,…).
- The overall payments landscape.
- The typical deliverables of SME’s, business analysts, developers and QA within a payment implementation project.
- Understanding of various Clearing & Settlement Systems (e.g. Euro1, Step2, Target2, BACS, STET, Equens, Bundesbank,...).
- PRINCE2 or equivalent Project Management certification.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
- Equivalent training and experience from a tier 1 consulting firm (Accenture, Deloitte, PWC, Bain, etc.) also acceptable
You can apply for this vacancy using our online application form. This will require you to provide some basic information necessary to process your application, and also a current CV.
Back to listing