Payments SME Consultant
- Job Ref: #26277
- Location: London
- Salary: 70.000-90.000k basic salary
This role is to join the SME team within a company who is specialised in payment implementation and change programs. The SME will support banks using his or her deep understanding of global payments processing and payment eco-systems.
As part of the role the Payments expert will fulfil following tasks:
- Provide overall payments implementation expertise.
- Perform business requirement, functional and system analysis.
- Translate the business needs into business and or functional requirements. Prepare Impact Analysis documentation, BRD’s, Functional specifications, Solution designs, Interface designs, Use cases, User stories, Requirements mapping, traceability matrices.
- Lead and/or participate in workshops to review functional deliverables and secure stakeholder signoffs.
- Define best practices for payment processing.
- Provide clarifications, training and support to both’ s customers and the internal teams.
- Review and recommend test approaches and test plans.
- Profound knowledge of payments schemes (SEPA, SCTInst, UKFP, BACS, International payments) and the overall payments eco-system.
- Be able to understand and produce the functional deliverables that are typically created as part of a payments implementation or payments transformation program (Functional specifications, Solution designs, Interface designs, Use cases, User stories, Requirements mapping, traceability matrices.
- In-depth knowledge of API’s, swift and/or ISO 20022 payment messages.
- Proven experience of designing and / or testing large scale payments applications.
- Strong hands on experience with one or more payments processing products like Finastra’s GPP product, FIS’ OPF product, Dovetail Payments Platform, ACI’s Payment Solution.
- Understanding of various Clearing & Settlement Systems (e.g. Euro1, Step2, Target2, BACS, STET, Equens, Bundesbank).
- Excellent English communication skills (written & spoken).
- Knowledge of local schemes (UKFP, BACS).
Good project experience and understanding of at least one key Payments areas:
- Digital and Omnichannel Banking – Mobile/ Online/ Open Banking.
- Card Payments Processing (issuing, acquiring).
- Alternative Payment Methods and Payments Innovation (e.g. Bitcoin, E-Wallets, Blockchain).
- Payments Regulation (e.g. PSD2 – Open Banking, AML regulations,…).
- Fraud detection and prevention in Payments.
- Possibility to define and implement database queries and reports (SQL).
- Ability to speak other languages (French, Spanish, German,…).
You can apply for this vacancy using our online application form. This will require you to provide some basic information necessary to process your application, and also a current CV.
Back to listing