- Job Ref: 26245
- Location: London- Remote
- Salary: upto £50,000 base
Our client provides a wide range of payment processing solutions to a substantial number of clients, large and small, in both the public and private sector.
They help clients to offer seamless payment experiences across all payment channels, providing a significant number of software applications both on client site and through Software as a Service.
About the opportunity
- The successful candidate will join an existing and experienced team working in several locations across the UK and with several offshore teams, so a willingness to travel between offices will be required to get the most out of this role. You will work closely as part of the product team, the development team and other business stakeholders.
- You will be responsible for owning one of the firm’s core fraud management products as the absolute subject matter expert in your field.
- Your flawless communication skills will be essential in ensuring the business is up to date on product roadmap status as well as supporting the sales team, customer support team, marketing and branding teams by sharing product knowledge efficiently and accurately.
- Your unparalleled ability to translate user requirements into tangible, prioritized deliverable development items will be key as will your ability to manage the product life cycle from concept to production release.
Ideally, you will be able to identify customer needs and exceed client expectations
- Own a product or suite of products on behalf of the company. Create business cases, own and direct the product vision, roadmap and backlog, including prioritisation.
- Be a central point of contact for internal and external stakeholders. Work closely with Development, Marketing, Sales and Operations and Support teams to ensure alignment of goals and shared understanding of products. Work with third party suppliers as appropriate.
- Build relationships with users and customers; conduct market research, usability testing, prototyping and client meetings to fully understand the market for your product/area of responsibility. Ensure that value is being delivered to customers, whilst also ensuring that the product is profitable to the company.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Agile development teams to define and build the product iteratively and incrementally through clear scope and goal definition through user stories and acceptance criteria. Be actively involved in all Agile/Scrum meetings (planning, refinement, review and retrospective) and be proactive in arranging meetings and workshops as required.
- Maintain a focus on product quality throughout development, reviewing stories, features and product increments to ensure that they meet the user needs, are functional and compliant.
- Manage launch activities leading up to and following product releases, ensuring that appropriate communications are made to key stakeholders. (Discuss marketing requirements with Marketing team, give demonstrations and training to Sales, as required). Hands on approach is heavily recommended.
- Monitor metrics following product releases and use this data, any user feedback and new findings from communication with customers to define the next set of requirements/features for future releases (respond to market demand to deliver value).
Skills & Experience
- Good communicator, listener, negotiator and collaborator
- Good analytical skills and an eye for detail and quality
- Good organizational, prioritising and planning skills
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Experience of working with and organising teams of people
- Experience working as a technical product owner
- Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas to a non-technical audience
- Certified CSPO / PMP / Six Sigma or equivalent recognized agile framework.
- Experience working with offshore development teams.
- Experience working with 3rd party payments services (acquiring, gateways, alternative payments methods).
- Technical understanding of API usage (JSON, XML) using relevant tools (eg. Postman).
- Industry specific experience – gambling, finance.
Interested? Next steps…
Exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing firm. If you possess the relevant skills and experience then please apply today and we will be in contact to arrange a confidential discussion.
You can apply for this vacancy using our online application form. This will require you to provide some basic information necessary to process your application, and also a current CV.
Back to listing